So now that your little miracle is on the way or is already here, I’m sure life’s abuzz. Diapers, wipes, the tiniest clothes lying all around the house, the bills are already generating, and multitasking just took on a new meaning.
This transition to a new life is invaluable. Remember to take a breath to take it all in because THIS TIME WON’T RETURN. And that is exactly why your baby newborn photoshoot is perhaps the most priceless gift you could give to yourself, your child, and your entire family.
Is It Necessary?
Is it? Of course not. But is it important? ABSOLUTELY. And here’s why:
- A Newborn baby photoshoot serves as one of the best gifts you can pass on to your children and their children when the time comes.
- Do you ever ask this question for your wedding photoshoot? No! That’e because some occasions are just so important that you just have to chronicle them. No questions asked.
- With the increase in the intergenerational gap now, pictures of your baby will only help bring them closer to you.
So, why invest in getting a professional photographer? Why not just do the shoot at home?
Well, It might also strike you; why not just take pictures on your phone or with the spare camera lying around the house? Why spend on a professional photographer?
Here’s the thing:
You will take pictures. You will take so many photos your phone’s storage will be nearly full.
But you cannot capture the essence of a family while you do that. When you look back at those photos you won’t be in them. Because you were busy clicking those pictures.
- Do you have the right equipment to capture those magical moments?
- Do you know the newborn baby poses?
- Do you have the cute baby outfits or the understanding of how to create a set, how to style the baby or how to even use the correct light to take the photos?
- Most importantly, I mean why not just take that one day off and sit back and just let a professional, loving, and caring photographer capture these memories for you. Think of it as your spa day. My baby mummas often come over and just go off to take a little nap after I have served them the yummiest food (Tsk!! Yes, my clients do get offered some yummy Indian food .)
If even one of these screams “no” as an answer, don’t do the home shoot.
Quality versus Quantity?
Priceless memories versus Just some photos?
When you search on google for “newborn photoshoot” or “newborn photographer,” you’re going to find many photographers. Ones that will charge you almost nothing to ones that “charge a fortune.” Various photographers offer 100 shots for 100 pounds.
While you may get 100 photographs out of that deal, it won’t be as extraordinary compared to a few handpicked, perfectly set-up shots that will tell your story. Capture your special baby.
Here are a few reasons to choose a professional:
- Finding a photographer with an exceptional style of photography should be at the top of your list- Your baby deserves the absolute best.
- A good photographer won’t just be there to click pictures, they will also listen. In these initial days and months of your new-parenting experience just to find some to talk to and discuss your various woes to, is just so special. When my clients come home for their baby photoshoot, I make sure to let them talk. Small things from “my baby has a rash,” to “Oh so this is how my delivery went.” A good photograph will go that extra mile and become that friend, whom you will be more than comfortable to trust with your baby. THAT TRUST is EVERYTHING!!!
- It’s essential they are appropriately trained in newborn baby photography because no one should be allowed to hold your baby and do whatever they like in the name of posing them.
- Most importantly, find someone whose style of capturing images is as unique as your baby is. Because you and your newborn baby deserve the absolute best.
So, don’t hold back on getting that baby photoshoot for them.
If you’re still unsure, contact me any time you want, I’d be honored to help you out and turn your memories eternal.
Hi! My name is Sujata Setia from But Natural Photography. I’m based in the UK. I’m a professional photographer and have won many awards for what I do. I have also been teaching the art of photography for more than 8 years now. Some of my recognition includes being published in Forbes, The Daily Mail and, Vanity Fair amongst others. The journey with my camera started when I had my daughter Aayat, and I have never put it down since. It helps me to capture the right moment so you can cherish it forever, and my services to deliver perfection to you knows no bounds, no distance, and no obstacles. People come to me to make a pitstop of their life a milestone so I’m willing to dedicate the time and effort it takes to understand the very essence of the family; to make every moment I capture is timeless.